Approx. 1525 kcal (6381 kJ) / 115 g protein / 83 g fat / 46 g carbohydrates
The information of nutritional, using Kühne products, are calculated based on the nutrition program of Unical.
1. Peel the onion(s) and garlic, cut the onion(s) into rings and the garlic into slices. Sauté the onion(s) in butter, sprinkle with sugar and let caramelize slightly. Deglaze with red wine. Add honey, marjoram and garlic and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain the gherkins, cut into strips and add to the ingredients and cook for the last 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In the meantime, cut the top off the pumpkin and scoop out the inside of the pumpkin.
3. Roast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan. Coarsely chop the parsley. Grate the parmesan cheese. Mix everything with the drained silverskin onions and olives and season vigorously with salt, pepper and olive oil. Fill the pumpkin with the mixture to the top and place the pumpkin top back on. Set on a hot barbecue and cook covered for 20 minutes.
4. Sear the rump teak(s) on the hot barbecue each side for 1 minute, then cover and let cook another 6–8 minutes over medium heat.
5. Season the steak(s) with salt and pepper and serve with a little gherkin and relish and ½ pumpkin each, top with 1 tbsp crème fraîche.
*Tip: The squeeze test indicates when the steaks are ready: if the meat is as firm as the palm of your hand, when you put your thumb and middle finger together, the steaks are perfect. *